Should You Prioritize Traffic Generation or Site Conversion?
Given all the available metrics you can use to track your site's performance, how do you choose which to prioritize? Should you measure overall traffic or just conversions? How do you know which metric to prioritize when optimizing your site?
You will be able to steer clear of this confusion with helpful advice from SEO experts and a better grasp of what these metrics mean.
In this article, we can provide you with this simple-to-read advice on the fundamental distinctions between these metrics.
The Difference between Traffic and Conversion
To correctly plan your improvements, it's crucial to understand each of them.
The number of sessions on your website is a statistic known as traffic. It's one approach to determining whether your website's visitors are your intended audience. In the end, you have nobody to convert if no visitors log a session. This is similar to having an empty shop.
Conversion refers to all lucrative acts that website visitors have accomplished. It includes, but is not restricted to, actions like requests, purchases, and even cart additions.
Since it is possible to have high traffic and poor conversions, as well as the opposite, both of these metrics offer insightful data for online businesses.
When Should You Optimize Either of the Two?
When strategizing for anything, it's important to remember to put things in the proper perspective. As you've probably guessed by now, traffic and conversions signify the achievement of quite distinct essential outcomes:
How You Can Optimize for Higher Traffic
Remember that little traffic implies low conversions. So, let's start by delving further into this metric's optimization:
- Getting Better Brand Visibility: Increasing a page's ranking on search engine results pages is a significant component of improving it using various optimization approaches (SERPs). Your brand website and pages will become much more visible if you can rank well on these SERPs.
You may effectively boost this parameter by being often discovered on SERP with careful SEO implementation.
- Improving Brand Awareness: Customers must be aware of you before they will consider doing business with you. It may result from well-planned social media marketing initiatives or sponsored online advertising. Make sure your channel choice is informed by your understanding of your ideal clients.
- Gathering Data from Customers: Your website's sessions might provide information about your potential clients. You can learn a lot about your audience using analytics tools, and this knowledge will inform many different parts of your digital marketing approach. It may be used to create client profiles, create content, map logical customer journeys, and much more.
Aiming for Better Conversions
It's time to consider how to turn traffic into conversions now that you understand how to prioritize traffic. The following goals and metrics should be taken into consideration while conversion optimization:
- Maximizing traffic through all the tips mentioned above and making the conversion process easier
- Low-Intensity means having a clear CTA without being too sales-y. Bring out quality content your audiences will be interested in and foster trust in your brand.
- Boosting potential for reinvestment such as through up-selling and brand retention
As you can see, traffic and conversion are closely related. Whether you are an SEO professional offering SEO services or an online business owner, you should now have a clearer understanding of how to use this information to decide on your marketing and development strategies in the digital world.
Are you looking for a Calgary SEO expert? Look no further than Distinctive MS. We offer powerful, cost-effective marketing solutions that work. Give us a call today to learn more!